Insights into the Forensic Toolkit
Forensic Toolkit is a proven and highly recognized digital solution that users use for the investigation purposes all over the world. This is the innovative digital platform that helps users to save their time while making efforts to deliver a great value. Forensic Toolkit offers all-inclusive handling and indexing information in order to make the process of searching and filtering easy and smooth while taking advantage of any product. In other words, users could find the required evidence much faster, which significantly improves the process and speed of evaluating the digital data. Moreover, due to the architecture of the Forensic Toolkit, users could install it for allocating processing and integrating case management based on the online database and followed by the collective analysis.
Opportunities of Using Forensic Toolkit
The major opportunities of using Forensic Toolkit are as follows:
- Ability to visualize large data and rapidly locate applicable evidence:Forensic Toolkit operates with the help of its inbuilt database. At the same time, it takes advantage of the architecture similar to the enterprise class that offers users the possibility to manage large data sets smoothly. Simultaneously, it guarantees stability along with the speed of processing the data that is incomparable to the alternative digital solutions. The major function of the Forensic Toolkit is to offer the option of visualization the data with the help of a categorical image revealing technology used to swiftly distinguish and report the most relevant information in accordance to the particular research. The Forensic Toolkit is also interoperable since the support of the Access Data and its solutions that provides users with the opportunity to show relationship between large sets of information. The data used in such investigation comes from various sources known as the computer hard-drives, cell phone devices, network information, Internet storage and others. Such capacity of the Forensic Toolkit makes it one of the top digital research and analysis solutions that can decrease the case exploratory time by delivering the option to examine data and recognize pertinent evidence. Overall, Forensic Toolkit is an all-inclusive solution that allows users to operate within a single consolidated space.
- Computerized malware analysis and triage: Access Data presents it as the add-on to the Forensic Toolkit. The use of Cerberus allows users to define the conduct and determine the suspicious binaries. Thus, it provides users with the actionable intellect that does not require waiting for any malware team to act more thoroughly with the in-depth analysis that usually takes much time. Such programmed malware analysis and triage allows users to take advantage of the actionable intellect almost instantly in order to authenticate threats and take influential actions as well as to attain a signature-less malware exposure through the practical scans of any possible threats.
- Decryption solutions by Access Data are crucial for cracking: Access Data already created many other digital solutions that are widely used in the target industry in order to help users in recovering their password information. In fact, users use these solutions in a variety of environments in order to manage unambiguous, password-cracking associated functions. The professionals, who execute laws and manage corporate security, operate based on the computer forensic inquiries, including the application of such solutions while accessing the password-protected information. Similarly, the administrators can also take advantage of such digital solutions with the purpose to recover system passwords as well as the vanished individual passwords and other data. Hence, the Distributed Network Attack® and Password Recovery Toolkit® that belong to the Access Data offer its users access to passwords for a great variety of widespread software applications. However, the Password Recovery Toolkit can operate only on one computer whereas the Distributed Network Attack operates on many personal computers all over the network or globally with the purpose to control the dictionary attacks and strategic spaces.
Forensic Toolkit Add-ons Available to Enrich the Speed of Cracking Password Information by UsingDistributed Network Attack and / orPassword Recovery Toolkit
Refer to the detailed explanation of these add-ons below:
- Rainbow / Hash Tables: Rainbow Tables are the attacks computed previously based on the use of physical forces. In accordance to the cryptography, the physical force attack is the challenge to reveal a cryptographic key or the password information with the help of using all the alternative key combinations until finding the proper one. The overall speed of this process merely relies on the size of this key as well as the application of the key computing digital instruments. The system that operated under the forty-bit encryption consists of one trillion keys. The physical force attack of five hundred thousand keys every second would take around twenty-five days in order to weaken the key space combinations with the help of a sole 3 GHz Pentium 4 personal computer. Users could consider the forty-bit key space estimated previously along with the integrated alternative keys by using the Rainbow Table in order to locate the file keys almost instantly, which takes less time compared to its alternatives. Password Recovery Toolkit and Distributed Network Attack integrate with the Rainbow Tables without a glitch.
- Portable Office Rainbow Tables: The Portable Office Rainbow Tables sponsored by the Access Data are unlike the full set of the Hash tables. Based on the statistical analysis considered with respect to the file could help to define the available keys. Such procedure takes much less space compared to the Hash Tables; however, it takes much more time and requires additional expenses of an insignificant percentage in terms of the data accurateness.
Overall, the Forensic Toolkit helps users to leverage their processing capacities while operating on the multiple machines. It also allows users to cut the time for evaluating every case by more than four hundred percent compared to the primary competitor that allows users to decrease the backlog of every case largely. It operates based on the wide-ranging processing direction that significantly increases the speed that users need in order to emphasize the tangible inquiry.
Swift Relevant Evidence Solution
The Forensic Toolkitis a digital instrument acknowledged all over the world and perceived as the guideline and / or platform for the alternative and / or supplementary digital forensic research solutions. It provides the users with an all-inclusive collection of exploratory digital instruments required to conduct online research studies in a more effective way, which is much faster, more efficient and smarter compared to its alternatives in the target market. Moreover, the Forensic Toolkit allows its users to institute the case facts almost instantly with the help of numerous features considered leading in the target market due to the use of innovations in the sphere of data management. In particular, it corresponds to the circulated processing, including the cooperative analysis of cases as well as the visualization of evidence reports, etc. As a result, the Forensic Toolkit is the single all-inclusive solution that is widespread globally since it delivers a great number of integrated and innovative features in order to support the integrity of processing data with respect to the time and depth of analysis. Hence, this solution comprises the options listed below:
- To decrease the case backlogs by zeroing the relevant evidence more rapidly: The users claim that the case backlogs will merely become larger in the future. The fact is that there are no enough resources and time in order to evaluate the data based on the target needs during the evaluation of the particular case. The users take advantage of the Forensic Toolkit since it provides them with time-consuming solutions that guarantee the stability of operations along with their friendly interface and all-inclusive processing of data. It is also advantageous in terms of indexing the data and filtering it during the research, which operates faster than any other alternative digital solution that exists in the target market. It also correlates to the enhancements of the analysis options such as speed and use of the actionable intellect in a rapid way. In addition, the enormous digital forensic exploration entities could easily upgrade the Forensic Toolkit solutions in order to enhance the capability of data processing. It also refers to the ability to incorporate the case management based on the online data search. It operates in accordance with the collective analysis that decreases the caseload with the help of a certain division of labor in the AD Lab.
- To take control of large data sets: The value and assortment of the personal computer solutions as well as the alternative digital devices increased exponentially and will continue to change in the geometrical progression. In fact, all the illegal cases that take place today consider the use of substantial number of digital evidence from a variety of different sources. The maturity of the Forensic Toolkit is in its database drive as well as in the internal architecture that operates on the enterprise level. As a result, it allows users to manage their operations and make sense of the large sets of information. It is possible by means of guaranteeing stability and visualization of data that are not available in the competing digital research instruments. Therefore, by taking advantage of the Forensic Toolkit solutions, the users could easily detach relevant data from the insignificant one. They can also easily explain the number of nuances to their teams, including the attorneys or barristers and jurors. In addition, the Forensic Toolkit is merely the only solution in the target market created with the purpose to operate more effectively across the overall portfolio of the Access Data solutions. The goal is to help users to solve any possible issues and deal with a variety of challenges recognized with the use of mobile devices, comprising the cyber security and implications of the e-discovery.
Major Forensic Toolkit Features
The most important features of the Forensic Toolkit are as follows:
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface that includes computerized preprocessing of the forensic information;
- Entirely interoperable using Mobile Phone Examiner Plus® Summation® along with the all-inclusive suite that is the property of the Access Data;
- Interoperability using cell phone devices, including cyber security solutions and electronic discovery;
- The wide-ranging support of the operational system as well as the evaluation of the target market;
- Cutting-edge filtering that includes a computerized classification of data;
- Do it all, which means the ability to preview, attainment, rising and investigation of individual information;
- Flexibility that comprises the applicability of the continuous contribution license;
- Instinctive support of the Volume Shadow Copy;
- Wide-ranging unpredictable recollection examination;
- Add-on Cerberus used for computerized malware triage and assessment;
- Password cracking ability via Distributed Network Attack and Password Recovery Toolkit;
- Visualization capacity that offers the graphical exploration of the data files and electronic mail information;
- Geo-location that offers different kinds of information to be illustrated geographically on the map, including both online and offline solutions;
- Authoritative index search engine that takes advantage of the consistent communication;
- Top-class training.
Major Forensic Toolkit Benefits
Refer to the most important advantages of using the Forensic Toolkit below:
- Incorporated processor forensic resolution: The Forensic Toolkit provides the target users with the following opportunities: ability to create images, manage great piles of information types, including the forensic images and electronic mailing archives, cell phone devices, assessment of the registry, decryption of files, cracking of passwords, and building reports, everything delivered as a simple all in one digital solution.
- Incomparable handling of data: TheForensic Toolkit takes advantage of the circulated processing of information and turns out to be the mere forensics solution that can entirely provide its target users with the option to leverage their multi- core personal computers. In contrast, the other forensics solutions simply discard the prospective for the growth of the contemporary hardware solutions. The Forensic Toolkit can indeed operate its hundred percent of the hardware resources. The inspectors of the dispersed labs could operate as one instrument considering the same case at a time by taking advantage of the approach for the division of labor.
- Ability to manage great piles of information sets with no loss or crash of work:It should be considered that many other alternative solutions offer digital products that quickly run out of memory as well as they operate slowly and / or could crash while managing the data. In this case, the Forensic Toolkit operates based on its database that has a module architecture, which allows it to deliver stable working processes that are important in order to manage the information sets of much greater size.
- Feature rich of the box: The Forensic Toolkit is one of the major digital solutions that provide its target users with the most value in the target market. The major features that are available include the following: remote machine analysis, password cracking, Explicit Image Detection, and visualization solutions delivered as an all-inclusive product offered at the reasonable pricing policy.
- Rapid and wide-ranging index with the binary searching opportunity: By managing and indexing information with the truthful approach, the users could easily leverage their influential dtSearch® engine along with the operability of the all-inclusive expression engine that denotes the use of all the Forensic Toolkit features that are managed rapidly and at the same time provide users with accurate results.
- Support of the disk and file encryption: The use of Forensic Toolkit allows its users to take advantage of the valid credentials with which they could easily operate with the decryption technologies such as Utimaco®, CREDANT®, Sophos® Enterprise, SafeBoot®, PGP®, GuardianEdge®, BitLocker®, S/MIME and many others. Thus, the Forensic Toolkit could also help its users to decrypt thousands of file types while processing them based on the passwords provided. Alternatively, the Forensic Toolkit digital solution works to help its users with the selection of encrypted files within the selected framework. It also allows delivering them the built-in Distributed Network Attack and Password Recovery Toolkit.
- Cutting-edge gallery observation for video and imagery with the use of Explicit Image Detection: The use of Forensic Toolkit allows its users to categorize dangerous images or any other media files rapidly. At the same time, the Forensic Toolkit allows its users to determine the imagery that contain sexual content automatically. In fact, such feature of the digital solution is invaluable in terms of the law enforcement procedures. It makes sense since the Forensic Toolkit allows the users to not only distinguish the flesh tones but also consider their shapes along with the image orientations that could have a pornographic nature.
- Microsoft® Photo DNA: The Forensic Toolkit also supports the use of Microsoft Photo DNA that helps users to establish an exclusive signature that to use for the digital imagery similar to the fingerprints. Such a solution is also similar to the others that use signatures of different imagery in order to locate the copies and alternatives of different images that are important for the target users.
- Top-quality analysis of the electronic mailing system:The Forensic Toolkit provides support to a broad range of electronic mailing types, comprising the Outlook Express® DBX, Eudora®, Thunderbird®, Exchange EDB, Notes™ NSF, Netscape®, RFC 833, Quickmail®, Earthlink®, AOL® Outlook® PST/OST, and Microsoft Internet Mailing System.
- Solitary-node enterprise – distant analysis: The Forensic Toolkit allows its users to take advantage of the following possibilities: screening, procurement and evaluation of the data on the hard drive, use of the marginal device information, including the memory data from the distant systems on the digital network.
- Infringement and memory analysis: The use of the Forensic Toolkit provides its users with the opportunity to itemize the ongoing data processing, even the hidden ones by the rootkits. The system also allows demonstrating the related DLLs, including the network sockets and holders in the context of the data sets. This allocated memory along with the automatic map operates towards the process of analyzing information, corresponding to the DLL data and part of the unallocated space or the rubbish dumping the analogous item. The tree evaluation of the Virtual Address Descriptors discloses the registry objects in the memory, including the process of parsing and demonstrating the ways to manage the data such as the support of Windows ® with either 32 or 64-bit, comprising Linux®, UNIX® and Apple®.
- Internet object analysis: The Forensic Toolkit offers its users an ability to take advantage of the wide-ranging support of browsers by means of utilizing the SQLite® parsing along with the other forty Internet object carvers for the widely held online applications, such as Google Chat™, Google Drive™, ICQ® 7M, Facebook®, Drop Box™, Skype™, Torrent and many others.
- All-encompassing support and analysis of the operational systems: Documented for its in-depth evaluation of the iOS® machines. Ultimately, the Forensic Toolkit supports the B-Trees, including the SQLite databases, PLISTs, DMG, JSON, DD files and other disk imagery.
- Malware analysis and triage: Obtainable as an add-on to the Forensic Toolkit, Cerberus offers its target users an ability to define the performance and commitment of the suspicious binaries, thus providing them with the actionable aptitude with no need to wait for the malware team to make an in-depth analysis, which takes much time for the completion.
Forensic Toolkit® Version 6.0
The Forensic Toolkit® is an acknowledged digital instrument that people use all over the world, as the mere standard in the processor forensic software. It is also the only court-cited digital solution used for the research studies established to manage the data swiftly and at the same time ensuring the stability of operations and friendly utilization of this tool. The Forensic Toolkit® is also the solution with a well-known and intuitive graphical user interface. It also supports the analysis of e-mail correspondence as well as the customization of data reviews thus ensuring total stability. Overall, the Forensic Toolkit solution creates the framework for the continuous development with the purpose to sustain the business and scale it to the international format needs.
One Mutual Database
Contrasting the alternative digital products in the target market, the Forensic Toolkit operates based on its mutual database. Consequently, all the information is in its one case database that offers its users an ability to take advantage of the same information while decreasing the overall expenses and difficulty in establishing the multiple case sets of information. This is one of the best solutions available in the target industry, which allows its users to experience outstanding working process with no failures related to the lack of memory operating with the database instruments. For instance, in case the graphical user interface crashes, there is a tool to manage the workers and thus continue processing the data.
Incomparable Handling Speed
The Forensic Toolkit is unique in comparison to the other digital solutions available for the broad range of users. In fact, the other solutions are not able to processes at such speed without losing the quality of the revealed information. Thus, there is an opportunity to save time for the additional operations and no waste of time for the long lasting searches in order to manage the process of execution while analyzing the data. The Forensic Toolkit is the established solution that allows its target users to take advantage of the fastest processing ability along with the delivery of the most accurate consistent data. In fact, it provides the target users with the disseminated processing features that offer merely true and multi-core support of operations. The final solution of the Forensic Toolkit and its 6.0 version is an outstanding representation of streamline help for the users in order to investigate the cases of valuable information along with managing the electronic discovery process almost instantly. Overall, the Forensic Toolkit 6.0 consists of the number of enhancements that provide the target users with even more value by means of offering the integration with the Summation®. Therefore, the advantages of using this shared case database are as follows:
- Indexing: By means of using the mutual index file, the users could eliminate the necessity to restructure and / or duplicate the file. Thus, it is possible to provide the users with the consistent search results irrespective of whether they use the Forensic Toolkit or the Summation in order to search for the requested information.
- De-duplication: It is important to acquire the most far-reaching perception of the data preferably with the help of enriched interoperability between the Summation and Forensic Toolkit thus making sure both items are de-duplicating the information by using the same approach.
- Mutual Forensic Toolkit and summation audit logs: Any future updates referring to the audit log signify that the documents offered in the Forensic Toolkit viewer will display in the Summation audit log and vice versa.
The additional enhancements consist of the number of elements that make it easier for the target users to operate the Forensic Toolkit system. One of such enrichments is the Forensic Toolkit ® Web Viewer powered by the Summation®. This case conduct allows the users to evaluate the data much earlier compared to the alternative solutions that compete in the target market while striving to operate based on the real-time group effort. In fact, the legal representatives along with the other teams also have the instantaneous access to the case data as identified in the Forensic Toolkit. It takes place while there are incident responders who are operate in the target market and thus perform their operations with the help of website collections. At the same time, the users can take advantage of the easy buttons for processing the data, which is user friendly and rather convenient for the speed processing of the pre-defined information available at one-click command preferences. Thus, based on the innovative Forensic Toolkit processing solutions, such as the electronic discovery processing along with the forensic processing of data, it is easier to merely click the “button” considering the ways users have a need to analyses the data and support the findings with a number of related evidence. In addition, the Forensic Toolkit system allows its users to take advantage of the multi-case search with the help of the online viewer. Thus, the time used to search for the required information in many cases is faster in comparison to the alternative solutions presented in the target market. The other advantage of using the Forensic Toolkit is the option of the Optical Character Recognition that helps the users to expand their interface to the other languages along with the new feature to select this language before changing the images to the readable messages. Overall, any enhancements in the future may relate to the fixes of bugs included in the original Forensic Toolkit system. One more advantage is the use of the Cellebrite ® Images that provide the target users with the opportunity to have the number of compatible functions such as viewing the Cellebrite UFD, UFR and UFDX Images within the Forensic Toolkit. Altogether, there is a need to take advantage of the New Agent Certificate that allows the users to make sure they could continue to incorporate their third-party applications. In fact, such a new agent certificate is the sent out information delivered to all the target customers of the existing versions followed by the subscription details. Finally, the use of the Forensic Toolkit allows its users to have a hundred percent Windows 10 Support that consists of the latest enrichments in terms of compatibility with Windows 10 operating system.
Training and Support
The major purpose of the Forensic Toolkit is to provide its target customers the most advantageous technical platform and its support. The Access Data achieved such outcomes by means of the sufficient training in the utilization of the Forensic Toolkit digital solution, including the updates on the further enhancements for the users in terms of delivering the most valuable technological investments. In fact, the support options consist of the marketing alternatives with respect to the other cell phone technical support. In addition, the Access Data provides its target users with an ability to operate with the Forensic Toolkit based on the acknowledged database portal comprising the innovative solutions that address all the public questions. At the same time, the use of this system allows its users to discuss their experiences over the discussion forum where they could post any questions and ask for the answers. Finally, there is an option to have user free guides with the free online reference that offer even greater value and possibilities to the target customers. It also corresponds to the use of the training methodology that takes advantage of the state of the art modern technology. In fact, its valuable options comprise the use of in-person classroom, including the opportunity to join the live online sessions with the help of the so-called all-inclusive Learning Management System.
Application of the Access Data Forensic Toolkit
This is the example of using theForensic Toolkit digital solution in order to address the implications of sales and promotion of this product in the global target marketplace. The following example will illustrate the implications of assessing the data as well as it will provide the insights on the ways to investigate the needed information. Overall, the Access Data’s Forensic Toolkit improves every single investigation by means of offering the target users more opportunities compared to its competing alternatives. The best offers correspond to the availability of more time as well as having greater power in order to manage all the data processing operations. Overall, the Forensic Toolkit digital solution provides its target users with the number of gains. On the one hand, the user-friendly interface has an option to search for the required information almost instantly. At the same time, there is an on-going process of the EFS decryption followed by the means of bookmarking, reporting procedures and finally the establishment of the so-called Password Dictionary.
Unsophisticated Graphical User Interface
The use of the Forensic Toolkit digital solution allows its users to make evidence while being able to examine the delivered data almost effortlessly. In fact, the architecture sorts of its database takes advantage of multiple categorizes that also use the imagery, electronic mailing options, wicked extensions, and finally the encrypted files. Everything takes place in the simply manner and rapidly for the target users. Ultimately, the users can simply click the mouse on the category of the graphics and they will see a list of all the images found and displayed in an appropriate order considering the data on the hard drive.
Electronic Mailing Display
The vast majority of the forensic digital software needs one more utility in order to allow its users to review the case and investigate the electronic mailing systems by means of the readable HTML format. However, the use of the Forensic Toolkit digital solution allows its users to preview their electronic mailing systems through the user-friendly HTML files. In fact, it is also possible to preview them in the following formats of POP3 servers and AOL IP addresses. It also provides the users with an opportunity to preview the attached files that could be in the HTML reports.
The Forensic Toolkit digital solution could also provide its users with the printing options as well as the ability to export the e-mail messages, comprising the related attached files. The Forensic Toolkit system also distinguishes the source of these e-mail messages since it operates with respect to the electronic mailing archives with particular headers. Therefore, the users could take advantage of the following applications when using the Forensic Toolkit digital solution with the e-mail applications: EarthLink, AOL, Outlook, Netscape, Outlook Express, Hotmail, Eudora, Yahoo and MSN. In addition, the Forensic Toolkit digital solution allows its users to recover the encrypted instant messaging chat logs along with the supplementary data known as the so-called “buddy lists”. At the same time, the Forensic Toolkit supports such instant messaging applications known as both Yahoo Messenger Reporting and AOL Instant Messenger.
The complete text indexing allows the users to take advantage of the searching options by means of using the keywords prompts. Overall, the index file is the case evidence that operates with respect to finding the required terms. Besides, the users could index the evidence items while they first add them for the usage in the particular case, which they could also add later.
The all-inclusive text indexing creates the search engine that is more effective compared to its competing alternatives. It takes advantage of the keyboard-related characters referring to the indexed case evidence and offering the users to carve the data and search for the required information by using the Internet keywords.
Known File Filter Database
The Known File Filter is the Forensic Toolkit digital solution that contrasts the file hashes of the evidence against the database of hashes retrieved from files that are inappropriate, known as the system or program files. The Forensic Toolkit also considers the duplicated files in case of any data processing mistakes. Thus, the users could increase the number of keywords by means of using the power of the Known File Filter as well as by importing the hashes from the additional databases, which could also operate with the help of an updated Known File Filter database files. In addition, there is the Known File Filter Alert Editor that also offers its users an ability to edit the alert / ignore status of every hash set that includes the Known File Filter library. Thus, the Known File Filter comprises the number of databases updated on the regular basis and requiring the periodical download of the Forensic Toolkit updates.
Encrypting File System Decryption
The Encrypting File System is one of the parts of the Microsoft NTFS file system. This alternative transparent public key encryption technology operates in accordance with the user’s login process in order to provide the users with the access details to the files or folders at their personal computers’ Windows NT as well as the Windows 2000, Windows XP without the Home Edition and finally the Vista operating systems. However, in order to make it working, there is the need for the Encrypting File System to have the Password Recovery Toolkit license in order to decrypt the Encrypting File System files. Overall, the Encrypting File System takes advantage of the public key or the private key for the encryption purposes. In case the users do not have the key pair, the Encrypting File System generates it automatically. However, the process of encrypting these files performs on the individual basis in the folders designated for the encrypted purposes as well as for writing any file to the allocated folders with the consequent automatic encryption. Since the Encrypting File System encryption technology incorporates with the file system, after the initiation of its transparent interface, the users are able to login automatically with the inbuilt authentication system. Such Encrypting File System encrypted files and could be ready for the encrypted purposes as well as for the users who operate based on the authorized Recovery Agent. After the users log in, the encrypted files or folders are decrypted without a glitch and the files are automatically displayed. Hence, the Forensic Toolkit could break the file encryption in the way that the additional evidence could be exposed. After all, while adding the evidence to the case, the Decrypted Encrypting File System Files are selected in the New Case Wizard, including the Forensic Toolkit launches of the Password Recovery Toolkit and following decrypted Encrypting File System files. For example, in the Windows 2000 and XP Systems before the Service Pack 1, the Encrypting File System automatically decrypts its files. The system also selects to decrypt the Encrypting File System files based on the option to add the evidence to the case and take advantage of the Forensic Toolkit solution when launching the Password Recovery Toolkit as well as when decrypting the Encrypting File System files. In the later version of Windows XP, including the Service Pack 1, the FTK needs the Forensic Toolkit allows its users to take advantage of the Recovery Agent’s password protection right before the process of decrypting the Encrypting File System files. At the same time, the decrypted information is in the Windows Explore and displayed as the sub-item towards the encrypted file. In parallel, the metadata as well as the complete path name are shown with the notes for the decryption of the files. For instance, in case the users use a decrypted file called “Statistics.xls,” in this case the decrypted version would be the “Statistics[decrypted].xls” listed as a child file of the “Statistics.xls” in the comprehensive File List.
The outcomes of the successful research work, there should be a list of bookmarks of information required for the evidence purposes. Such bookmarks could consist of a group of files that the users want to use for the reference in case needed. Such bookmarks could help them to manage the case evidence by creating the groups of related and similar files. For instance, the users could create the bookmarks of imagery that contain similar graphical representations.
The users could also add the checked and / or highlighted files as well as the ongoing listed files by using the right-clicks on the mouse and selecting the “add to bookmark” feature of the Forensic Toolkit digital solution that will also refer to the list of existing bookmarks.
After the users complete the case research, they could create the number of reports that could provide the summaries of the pertinent evidence of the selected cases. At the same time, he Forensic Toolkit delivers its users with the all-inclusive report wizard that offers even more options for the any further customization of these reports, comprising the placement of the alternative logos on the home pages. Hence, the final reports are in the HTML formats and could be viewed in the standard website browser. At the same time, the users could create another section for their reports that have the lists of bookmarks created earlier while investigating the case. They can also select not to create any sections in their bookmarks. In addition, the users could create a number of reports for the display of thumbnail imagery with the case graphics. They can also take advantage of the creation of some sections in these reports that will have the lists of the selected file paths of the files in the allocated categories. Therefore, the List by File Path section could simply contain the files and their paths, excluding the other irrelevant information. Nevertheless, the users could export these files and links to them in the File Path list simply by checking the Export to the Report box option. The users could also create another section in the report that will have the lists of the file properties for various file types in the allocated categories. There is one more option of adding more files such as the complementary reports, including the search warrants of the digital data, including the photos of the illegal scenes attached to the reports. The uses could also add the case log to these reports along with the supporting documentation activities and / or events that take place during the case research and analysis of the findings.
The included files only need the use of the applications in order to preview them; However, they should be installed on the personal computers while using the reports and / or viewing them for different purposes.
Creation of the Password Dictionary
The Forensic Toolkit digital solution allows the users to take advantage of the complete-text index for the instantaneous keyword results. It could also be exported for using it as a dictionary for the password recovery processes with the Password Recovery Toolkit. At the same time, taking advantage of the complete Text Index, the users could create the number of dictionaries based on the required alphanumeric string allocated in the particular space on the hard drive. Such dictionaries that are created in the Forensic Toolkit digital solution could be perceived as the pivotal one in the cracking of passwords. Overall, every single alphanumeric string that was ever recorded onto the hard drive is put into the database for the further Password Recovery Toolkit utilization by means of the search option that operates through the decryption of the passwords. Besides, these settings could always be exported to the index files by selecting the required tools and framing them in the Export Word List.
To summarize the report on the Forensic Toolkit digital solution, it is possible to consider that this digital product could be applied with the help of the database methodology in order to proceed with the digital analysis of data. Finally, the use of the Forensic Toolkit digital solution allows users to take advantage of the inbuilt program viewers, including the filters and other valuable utilities. Overall, the Forensic Toolkit is a rapid digital solution that is rather effective in case of analysis and search for the highly important digital information.