The introduction is the first chapter of every dissertation. This is the chapter where the writer gives an overview of all the materials and ideas they will present in the subsequent chapters. A dissertation introduction chapter is a factual piece of writing so please do not mistake it with an assignment where you can use creativity. The information in this chapter needs to be properly substantiated. It should contain plenty of transitional sentences and words to make the text flow smoothly from one point or idea to those that follow. This gives readers an idea of what the entire paper will contain and helps them follow the thinking of the writer. Also, the writer needs a combination of hard (academic) and soft (planning and completion) skills to produce an effective dissertation introduction chapter.
Get 15%OFF your 1st Order
Solve your writing problems immediatelyUse code GETFIRST15
Writing a Dissertation Introduction
The introduction chapter for a dissertation or thesis is the first section of such a paper and it is positioned immediately after the paper’s table of contents. It is very important to begin on a strong note to get readers’ attention. This is the right place to set the scene for the rest of your paper because it is your chance to provide a clear direction, focus, and purpose for your research. A good dissertation introduction chapter should:
- Introduce the topic and give your research context: What information do readers need to see in the introduction for a dissertation to properly understand that paper?
- The paper’s focus and overall scope: Will you attempt to address any specific facets of your chosen topic?
- Structural overview: Are there any specific contributions that each of the dissertation’s chapters will make to the paper’s overall objectives?
- Importance and relevance: Explain how your research fits into the current state of work and/or what is already known about the chosen topic?
- Research question(s) and its objectives: What do you intend your research to discover and how will this be achieved?
While the introduction for a dissertation appears at the start of the paper, this need not be the first part you think about writing. Indeed, very often, this part is written last (as also happens with the paper’s abstract).
Exclusive savings! Save 25% on your Order. Get 15% OFF your 1st Order + 10% OFF every order by receiving 300 words/page instead of 275 words/page
The introduction for a dissertation needs to be self-explanatory and simple. Because of this, you should explain to readers what each subsequent chapter will cover to eliminate the need for having to search for further information. Furthermore, when writing a dissertation introduction, you should stress how relevant your research work is to the field it belongs to and demonstrate that further study is needed in this field. You should also state the aims or objectives of the study you are undertaking. Readers should understand why you felt compelled to carry out research or undertake an investigation of the described problem. Your paper’s objectives should be relevant to the topic and clearly-stated. Additionally, it is a good idea to develop a solid outline to ensure the introductory chapter is concise, informative, and logical.
Where appropriate, a dissertation’s introduction should have subsections, with suitable headings and subheadings. It should also draw attention to any important references you intend to use in your study. This also demonstrates the benefits of writing the introduction at the end. There are no set rules about the length of an introduction since much depends on how long the overall paper is. However, generally speaking, when writing a dissertation introduction, you should aim to make this chapter around 5% to 7% of the paper’s total length.
In typical terms, the introduction should provide background information on the topic, describe its relevance to the overall research, say what the project’s focus and objectives are, and the reason(s) why it is valuable. Providing background information is a way of easing readers into the specifics of the topic. It is necessary to provide a brief overview of all the key publications related to the study here while, simultaneously, avoiding too many citations. A general rule of thumb for writing a dissertation introduction is to provide sufficient information to make it useful but not so much that the chapter feels overloaded.
Writing Quality Options
Profound Dissertation Introduction Service
At Top-Dissertations.com, the dissertation introduction service we offer is just one of the writing services we provide and we can help you with this chapter. We have a great team of highly-qualified and highly-rated writers, all of whom have taken the same journey you are now taking. Every writer we employ has a doctoral-level qualification or Master’s degree and they understand what the lecturers at your college or university look for in a dissertation’s introduction and other chapters. The writers who provide our dissertation introduction service are aware of how important it is to get this chapter right. Additionally, they know how important it is to submit a unique and custom-written paper. If you decide to order from us, these experts will craft an introduction for you from scratch. This means the paper you get will be free of plagiarism and will easily pass any plagiarism test it is put through. Your paper will be written exclusively for you and we will never resell it and guarantee it will not have been sold to anyone else before you. We do realize that, as the first part of such a very important paper, it is a crucial part. So, you need no longer feel stressed out about writing an introduction for your dissertation. With the help of our dissertation introduction service, this chapter will be perfectly crafted without much effort on your part.
Advantages of Top-Dissertations.com Writing Service
The dissertation introduction help provided by our company is available to students all over the world. As well as helping with essays, lab reports, case studies and more, we can assist with every chapter of a dissertation. Here are some good reasons for getting dissertation introduction help from Top-Dissertations.com:
- We only employ professional, university degree-holding writers.
- Affordable prices and superb-quality papers that are free of grammatical error and plagiarism.
- Professional writers make sure every excellent quality paper is delivered punctually.
- Every dissertation chapter and dissertation introduction outline is fully custom-written.
- Every paper is double-checked and tested by an anti-plagiarism detection system so that you get an original text.
- Every paper delivered with a comprehensive dissertation introduction outline, correct grammar, perfect punctuation and spelling, and correctly formatted.
- Three quality levels to select from Standard Quality, Premium Quality, and Supreme Quality. Get in touch with our customer support team if you have any questions about writing the introduction to a dissertation or any other part of your paper.
- Fair and flexible revision policy. Revisions are offered free for up to 48 hours after the order delivery.
- Support provided by email, phone, or live chat on a 24/7/365 basis! So, contact us any time you want information on writing an introduction for a master's dissertation or need assistance with any other type of paper.
Get Dissertation Introduction Help from Pros
It is possible to get timely and professional assistance with a Ph.D. or master's dissertation introduction whenever you need it. Your order will be assigned to a writer with expertise in your field. That person will strictly adhere to the instructions you provide. Our company guarantees you a completely unique and fully custom-written text that is a great fit for your dissertation project.
One of the main reasons why so many Master’s and Ph.D. students use our writing service is quality. Our guarantee is to always satisfy their needs and meet their academic goals. When you hire us to write the introduction chapter of a dissertation for you, we are confident you will see that we are the best in our marketplace for quality and affordability. This is what makes our company the number one choice for students.
Need Help in Academic Writing?
It's Just a Click Away!